What is the Avocado Ambassador?
To celebrate the South African Avocado Growers’ Association’s (SAAGA) 50th year they will be recognising two South African journalists who shine above the rest as Avocado Ambassadors. This journalists must be true advocates of the locally grown avocado and its merits. The nominated Avocado Ambassadors will be chosen according to their quality in content about avocados, visual appeal and the overall promotion of avocados.
Two Avocado Ambassadors will be awarded with a long weekend trip to Amsterdam to visit the much talked about all-avocado restaurant – The Avocado Show. Prize includes a return flight to Amsterdam, 2 night’s accommodation, lunch at The Avocado Show, a further 3 meals, land transport and spending money.
The entry period for the Avocado Ambassador 2017 is open now. Any avocado features published/broadcast during the time period March – November 2017 may be submitted. All entries must be received by 16h00 Wednesday 31st January 2018
Late or incomplete entries cannot be considered. All entries will be acknowledged by e-mail. The 2017 Avocado Ambassador is open to all food, health and beauty writers of South African newspapers, magazines, online and electronic media.
Submitting your work
Email scanned pages of the avo feature in jpeg format – no larger than 2MB
Screen grabs of online/social media publicity with links
Electronic video/sound bytes via DropBox or We Transfer
All entries need to be emailed to email@example.com
Two journalists will be selected by SAAGA’s local market development committee
No runner up prizes will be awarded.
The Avocado Ambassador is awarded to the media person that uses the most avos, uses avos in the most creative way and uses the most visually appealing avo-related visuals.
The Avocado Ambassador will need to inform consumers in an inspiring and innovative manner about the avos such as benefits (health/beauty/taste)/versatility/convenience/history/trivia of avocados.
One avo feature (minimum two pages for print/one minute electronic) will need to form part of the submission.
Submissions may not include sponsored features or advertorials
There is no entry fee.
Entrants will be judged on the above set criteria and by a panel of judges made up of members of SAAGA’s local market development committee.
- The competition is organised by the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA)
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of SAAGA and the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. SAAGA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- There is no limit on number of features submitted per entrant.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the notes to entrants. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. (Please take note of “Submitting your work” section.)
- Name and contact details are to be supplied with entries.
- All entries will be checked against final print copies and online/electronic platforms to verify authenticity. If there are inconsistencies between the emailed entry and the print copy or online/electronic version, the entry will be discarded.
- Winners will be announced at the start of the 2018 avo season media events to be held end February/ Mid-March 2018
- Prizes will not be exchanged for cash.
- Winners will be required to take the trip at a pre-determined time which is suitable to all parties involved.
- Prizes are awarded at SAAGA’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, SAAGA and/or the competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the competition if entries are not of the requisite standard.
- Should the restaurant not be in operation in 2018 an alternative and similar trip will be arranged.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and SAAGA reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
- Winners may be requested to provide a feedback session to SAAGA members with regards their experiences during the trip.
Contact Lauren Anceriz, Morongwa Seabela or Glynnis Branthwaite at Protactic on 011 882 9272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ; Morongwa@protactic.co.za or email@example.com if you have any queries or require any additional information.