- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf cabiatta, torn into small pieces
- 160g chorizo, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, stoned and sliced
- 150g salad leaves
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the cabiatta pieces for eight to 10 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain the croutons on kitchen paper.
- Fry the slices of chorizo in the same frying pan until golden brown on both sides – don’t use more oil, the sausage will release fat.
- Then increase the temperature and add the cherry tomatoes. Stir for one to two minutes, or until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar and season to taste.
- Mix the avocado, salad leaves and remaining olive oil together on a salad plate.
- Place the chorizo, tomatoes and croutons on top and drizzle the pan juices over the salad.
- Serve immediately.