Tropical Avocado & Mango Salad
- 2 Avocados, cut into slices lengthways
- 2 Mangoes, cut same as avocado
- Pineapple slices
- Curly endive or mignonette lettuce
- Julienne strips of carrot, celery, capsicum
- Zucchini and cucumber
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 100g Fresh pineapple, chopped
- 20ml Salad vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- To make dressing, blend all ingredients until smooth, adding only enough oil to make
a reasonably thick dressing. Taste for seasoning.
- To serve, place avocado and mango slices in a fan shape on the plate.
- Pour over prepared dressing.
- Garnish plate with pineapple slices, curly endive or mignonette lettuce leaves and decorate with tropical flowers, julienne vegetables and cherry tomatoes.
- Alternatively, chop mangoes and avocados into chunks, toss with dressing and serve in a hollowed out fresh pineapple half, as a centrepiece.