Tricolore Pizza with Basil Oil
- 175g from a 500g pack ciabatta bread mix, plus a little extra for dusting
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Large handful basil leaf
- 1 avocado , halved and thinly sliced
- splash lemon juice
- 125g ball reduced-fat mozzarella
- 225g mixed tomatoes , sliced and drained on kitchen paper
- Heat oven to its highest setting, about 240°C.
- Tip the bread mix into a large bowl,pour over 125 ml lukewarm water and 1 tbsp olive oil, then mix well to a sticky
- Knead for a few mins, using some of the extra dry mix to stop it sticking.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for 15 mins.
- While the dough is rising, put the remaining oil in a small blender with most of the
basil, then whizz until the leaves are finely chopped.
- Toss the avocado in the lemon juice, then tear the mozzarella into rough pieces.
- Using a little more of the dry bread mix to help you, roll and stretch the dough out to a rough 25 x 30cm rectangle
on a large baking sheet.
- Brush over the basil oil, scatter with the mozzarella and
tomato slices, then bake for 10-12 mins until the base is crisp and the cheese melted.
- To serve, scatter with the avocado slices and remaining basil leaves, then season
with freshly ground black pepper.