Serves: 4 – 6
An old classic with a modern twist, perfect for a meatless meal.
- 2 Avocados, peeled and chopped
- 200g Plain cream cheese
- 50g Plain low fat yoghurt
- 30g Coriander, washed and chopped
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Grinding of black pepper
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Packet gelatin (Substitute 2 tablespoons Agar-Agar for vegetarian)
- Place the avocado, coriander, cream cheese, spring onions, onions, salt, pepper, lime juice and chilli in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour ¼ cup water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let it sit for a few minutes. Place the remaining ¾ cup water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour the boiling water over the softened gelatin and whisk until the gelatin has dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the gelatin to the mixture in the blender, pulsing until pureed and thoroughly blended.
- Pour the mixture into prepared ramekins or a loaf tin lined with plastic wrap. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours). To unmould, fill a large container with very hot water, dip the loaf tin or the ramekins into the water for 1 minute. Run a small, sharp knife tip around the edge of each mousse. Invert onto a platter.
- Serve with Melba toast, avocado shavings and grated radish.