- 1 Medium organic egg yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 150 ml Groundnut oil
- 1 Tablespoon tomato ketchup
- A couple of good shakes of Tabasco
- 2 Summer Avocado
- 120 g cooked and peeled tiger prawns
- A generous squeeze of lemon juice
- Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Spring onion, trimmed an thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
To prepare the sauce whisk the egg yolk with the mustard in a bowl, then gradually
whisk in the oil, a few drops at a time, to begin with until the mayonnaise takes.
Reserving half the mayonnaise for another use, stir the tomato ketchup into the
other half, then season with a shake or two of Tabasco, to give a noticeable nip of
chili. This can be made well in advance, in which case cover and chill it, and remove
from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
To serve the salad, quarter the avocados and remove from the stone. Peel the skin
off each quarter and slice in half lengthwise. Place the avocado in a bowl with the
prawns, squeeze over a little lemon juice, season and gently toss. Arrange the salad
on plates, scant over a tablespoon of the sauce, then scatter over the spring onion
and parsley and and serve.