Lamb Burgers with Avocado, Pea and Mint Purée
- 500g minced lamb
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 85g peas
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Bread, tomatoes and lettuce to serve
- Preheat the grill or barbecue.
- Place the lamb, curry paste, onion, coriander, lime zest and juice into a large bowl.
- Season and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into six and shape into burgers. Flatten and cover and chill for about 30 minutes until ready to cook.
- Place the peas into water in a saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for two minutes.
- Place the peas in a small blender along with the avocado and mint and blend until smooth.
- Add the white wine and cream and season to taste.
- Cook the burgers on the barbecue or under a medium-hot grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked – there is no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers on toasted bread along with a garnish of tomatoes and lettuce and topped with a generous spoonful of the purée.