A quick and easy snack or supper that everyone will love – just five ingredients too
- 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 thick slices of granary bread , or malted oat bread (we used Duchy Original)
- 4 tbsp Caesar salad dessing
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the bacon for 4 minutes each side until the rashers are golden.
- While they are cooking, halve, stone and slice the avocado and put the bread in a toaster – but don’t leave it in for the full time, you want to warm it rather than toast it.
- Spread the warmed bread with half the dressing then roughly slice the lettuce and pile on top of the bread with the avocado.
- Roughly chop the bacon into large pieces and scatter over the lettuce.
- Drizzle with the rest of the dressing, grind over some black pepper and eat with a knife and fork.