Guacamole with Smoked Fish
- 3 ripe avocados peeled and diced at the last moment
- zest and juice of 2 fresh limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 firm ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ bunch roughly chopped coriander
- ½ cup chopped parsely
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 portions of smoked mackerel
- Place all the ingredients except the avocado into a large bowl and gently mix together.
- Place in the fridge for an hour, then just before serving, stir in the avocado so it keeps its shape and doesn’t become too mushy.
- You can add an extra mashed avocado to the chopped ingredients before you stir in the chopped avocado if you want it to be a little creamier.