Biltong is a kind of dried meat that originated in South Africa and can be bought in most large supermarkets. If you don’t want to add biltong replace with shredded chicken.
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Summer Avocados
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 papaya, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices biltong, chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Place the olive or avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, pomegranate seeds and brown sugar into a small pan and simmer for five minutes.
- Halve the avocados, remove the stones and peel.
- Place the halved avocados cut side down onto a chopping board. Slice the avocados lengthways to within about 1cm from the top so keeping the top intact so you can fan the them.
- Arrange the watercress in the middle of a serving plate; pile with the papaya,mango and top with the fanned avocado. Sprinkle with the biltong and pumpkin seeds and spoon the dressing around.
- Serve straight away.