- 2 large avocados, peeled, mashed and seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon juice
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 140g Arborio rice
- 500 ml vegetable or chicken stock (kept warm)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 80 ml dry white wine
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 handful freshly grated parmesan cheese (extra shavings for garnishing)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan, heat the oil and sweat the onion and garlic until translucent, add the rice and coat well with the oil.
- Stirring continuously add the wine, once absorbed start adding the stock ladle by ladle, waiting between each ladle for the stock to be absorbed.
- When cooked the rice should be creamy but still have a bite.
- Mix through the grated parmesan and season to taste.
- Meanwhile cook chicken breasts in a hot dry pan and once chicken stops sticking, turn and pour a mixture of balsamic and sugar over.
- Mixed mashed avocado through risotto, ladle into a large bowl and place the chicken breast on top.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and parmesan shavings.
Recipe supplied by Louis Potgieter, The Fushion Cooking School.