- 2 or 3 Ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 20 g Butter / Margarine
- 100 g Onion – finely chopped
- 450 ml Milk – heated
- 25 ml Lemon juice
- 200 ml Cream
- White pepper – to taste
- 30 ml parsley – chopped
- Croutons for garnishing
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Simmer onion gently for 10 minutes or until soft – NOT BROWN.
- Add chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley, cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat through and REMOVE FROM HEAT. Fold in mashed avocado.
- NB! DO NOT BOIL ONCE THE AVOCADO HAS BEEN ADDED
- Garnish with croutons and serve warm