Great for school lunch boxes, and can be prepared ahead – will keep in the fridge for one week
Makes 24 meatballs
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 500g ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mashed avocado, medium size
- 4 small courgettes, grated
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TORTILLAS
- 4 tortillas
- Shredded red cabbage or coleslaw
- 100g piquante peppers, sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- Fresh coriander and micro herbs to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon measure ice cream scoop, make about 25 balls and place them on a greased baking sheet, about 4cm If you do not have an ice cream scoop, use a heaped tablespoon to measure the mixture and shape them with your hands (keep a small bowl of water to dip your hands into for easier shaping).
- Spray the tops of the balls with a coating of non-stick cooking spray, place on an air fryer baking sheet and bake for 8-10 Or in a pre-heated oven at 180°c for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- To serve arrange the salad, salsa, piquante peppers, meatballs and sliced avocado on top of the tortillas, garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges.