Serves 2 – 4
- Juice of half ruby grapefruit
- 20 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 ml sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 20 g alfalfa sprouts
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place salmon into a shallow dish and pour over half the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the avocado slices onto a tray and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Take a slice of avocado and place in the middle of a serving dish.
- Top with a slice of salmon, a slice of grapefruit ending with a slice of avocado.
- Drizzle with the remaining grapefruit dressing and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and alfalfa sprouts.
Recipe by Anna Montali, food- and deputy food editor of Food and Home Entertaining magazine