- 280 ml water
- 125 ml quinoa
- 2 ml ground coriander
- 3 ml ground cumin
- 50 ml avocado oil
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 30 ml freshly chopped coriander
- 1 packet asian salad or rocket leaves
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 100 ml crumbled feta cheese
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30 ml toasted pumpkin seeds
- Rinse the quinoa well, place in saucepan and add 280 ml water, ground coriander and 2 ml cumin.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix the oil, lime juice, chilli, garlic, spring onion, tomato, yellow pepper and coriander.
- Season with remaining cumin and a pinch of sugar and salt.
- Mix the cooled quinoa gently with the onion mixture and then add Asian salad or rocket leaves.
- Toss together.
- Cut the avocado into cubes and drizzle with a little lime juice.
- Top salad with avocado, feta, cherry tomatoes and pumpkin seeds.
Recipe by Louisa Holst, food editor of Ideas/Idees magazine