Crepe batter ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- Blend all the ingredients in a food blender.
- Turn the blender off, stir down the flour and blend again.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cups raw chicken strips
- ½ cup thinly sliced red peppers
- ½ cup thinly sliced green peppers
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh root ginger
- 2/3 cup roasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup finely shredded shallots
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large avocados, finely diced
- 12 cooked crepes
- 1 avocado half, sliced for garnish)
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- ½ cup black sesame seed sprouts
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken strips, red and green peppers and toss for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and ginger and allow to simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and peppers and toss with the macadamia nuts and shallots. 4. Dissolve cornflour in soy sauce and stir into the stock mixture and cook, stirring, over a medium heat until thick – set aside.
- To serve, mix diced avocado with chicken fill and place into the centre of each crepe.
- Roll up and fry gently both sides over a medium heat in a small amount of avo oil.
- Spoon over sauce and garnish with avocado slices, bean sprouts and seed sprouts.