Avocado, Noodles & Prawns, With Sesame Dressing
- 16 Prawns
- 3 – 4 Ripe avocados
- 250 g Egg noodles – thin
- 15 – 30 ml Sesame oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 100 ml Olive oil
- 15 ml Sesame seed
- 30 ml Chicken extract
- 30 ml Soya sauce
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 20 ml Mirin (rice-wine vinegar)
- White wine
- Carrots, chopped
- Bouquet garnish
To Prepare the Dressing
- Simmer onions with sesame seed in olive oil for 10 – 15 min until soft.
- Remove from heat and add chicken extract.
- Add Soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Mirin and Braun.
- Stir well.
- Season to taste.
- Leave to cool.
- Clean prawns, but do not take out of shell.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes in water seasoned with white wine, carrots, celery & Bouquet garnish.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Remove shell and prawn heads, but keep tail piece.
- Half the avocados, remove stone and cut into thin slices.
- Stack in the middle of the plate in a circle.
- Add on top a bit of the noodles, and top up with 2 prawns.
- Lightly sprinkle dressing over the dish.
- Lastly top up with braun.