- 2 Avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Ruby grapefruit, peeled, segmented and seeds removed
- 1 Cucumber sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 125 ml Light mayonnaise
- 2 Yellow plums, finely chopped
- 1 Punnet fine sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mint sprigs for garnishing
- Arrange cucumber strips in center of a plate, 4 strips per plate. Carefully arrange slices of avocado and grapefruit segments on the plate.
- In a bowl mix plums into the mayonnaise and add some juice from the lemon (taste test for balance of sweet and sour taste and adjust if necessary)
- Spoon dressing over salad and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sprouts and sprigs of mint.
Recipe supplied by Gary Opperman, Mateya Safari Lodge.