Salads are not only for lunch or dinner. This protein packed salad with avo-naise, is a great breakfast on the go, perfect for making in advance and taking to work or for school lunches
For the avo-naise
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepperFor the salad
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 quality breakfast sausages, cooked and sliced, or small meatballs
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 6 rashers bacon, cooked & chopped
- To make the avo-naise, place all the ingredients in a jug and blend with a stick blender until smooth and pourable. Add a couple of teaspoons cold water if necessary.
- To assemble the salad, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and stir through a couple of tablespoons of avo-naise.
- Place in lunchbox containers and keep chilled until eating.