This is such a versatile salad, add chopped dried apricots, sultanas or even chopped apple. It even tastes better the next day, when the cous cous has absorbed all the flavours.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 avocados
- 500g cous cous
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 220g canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- Cover the cous cous with boiling water. Cover with a damp teacloth and leave to soak for 20 minutes. Fork through to loosen the grains.
- Peel and stone the avocado and cut into chunks. Toss in the lemon juice. Mix together the avocado, chick peas and pepper and add to the cous cous.
- Add the pomegranate seeds to the cous cous.
- Add the orange juice to the lemon juice and whisk with the oil. Add the dressing and herbs to the cous cous and fork through. Serve with a sprinkling of pine nuts.