- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 can creamy style corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups water or stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 4 avocados
- Diced red & yellow pepper to garnish
- Heat the avo oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, celery and carrot until just tender.
- Add the corn, thyme, water or stock and salt to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree, adding more water or milk if necessary to bring to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with the pepper and cayenne and reheat.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice to taste.
- Just before serving, finely dice 3 of the avocados and mash through the soup.
- Slice the remaining avocado thinly and coat in lemon juice.
- Serve soup into bowls and decorate with the sliced avocado and diced peppers