- 300 g baby leeks
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 30 ml garlic flavoured avocado oil
- 50 ml Egyptian dukkah
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Handful herbs – chives, parsley and coriander, chopped
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- In a large roasting dish, arrange the leeks and onions, carefully coat with half the avocado oil and sprinkle on the dukkah.
- Season to taste and then roast, tossing occasionally until the leeks and onions are cooked – about 25 minutes.
- Cool and then drizzle over the remaining avocado oil, orange juice with zest and the herbs.
- Arrange the onions and leeks on a serving plate, top with the orange segments and the avocado and then pour over the remaining juice from the roasting pan.
Recipe Sasha Zambetti, editor of food magazine, Avocado/Avokado.