- 2 – 3 Small avocados, preferably slightly under ripe and firm
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 100g Plain flour
- 150g Bread crumbs (panko or plain)
- 50 ml Oil
- 4 Corn tortillas
- Roasted sweetcorn
- Diced tomato
- Chopped avocado
- Spring onion
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°c if oven baking
- To crumb the avocado, prepare three separate bowls with flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs, and arrange in assembly line order of flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Slice avocados lengthwise, remove pip and skin and cut into wedges
- Dip wedges in flour, followed by egg and then crumbs, place on a baking sheet and repeat until all the wedges are coated.
- Drizzle the oil over the wedges and bake until golden brown around 20 – 25 minutes. Alternatively heat oil in a shallow frying pan and fry in batches until golden (roughly 8 – 10 minutes on each side).
- Remove from pan or oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve tacos with accompaniment on corn tortillas, garnish with fresh coriander, lime wedges and a good grinding of sea salt and black pepper.