- 2 red skinned potatoes, washed and cubed
- 2 orange sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 500g baby new potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 10 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- few sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
For the avo-hummus
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 150 chickpeas, cooked
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ready prepared pesto
- 100g feta, crumbled (optional)
- Place the potatoes into a pot of cold water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Drain well.
- Heat oil in a skillet or heavy bottom frying pan, add the potatoes, garlic, onion and seasoning.
- Sauté until golden.
- To make the avo-hummus, whizz all the ingredients together with a stick blender until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the potatoes topped with chopped parsley, crumbled feta, diced avocado, the avo-hummus and a tablespoon of pesto.