Serves 4 as a starter
- 2.5 ml freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic mashed
- 2 small chilli
- 15 ml fish sauce
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Zest of lime
- 15 ml rice wine vinegar
- 10 ml palm sugar
- 2.5 ml sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients together well with a pestle and mortar or a food processor.
- Adjust seasoning to suit your taste.
- 16 large raw peeled and cleaned prawns with tail on (4 per person)
- 15 ml finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 wooden skewers
- Water for pan frying
- Heat water with garlic and ginger in a shallow pan.
- Pan fry the prawn tails until they turn pink, set aside.
- 2 firm ripe avocados cut into cubes
- 15 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 10 basil leaves, finely shredded 250 ml fresh bean sprouts
- Gently toss ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Pour the dfressing over the avocado mixture and toss gently.
- Thread 4 prawns onto a skewer.
- Divide avocado mix between four tower moulds and de-mould onto a white plate.
- Rest the prawn skewer on top of the avocado and garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander.
Recipe by Jenny Morris, aka The Giggling Gourmet