These rules apply to the Add an Avo (or two) to a R200 meal for two Culinary School, Student Competition (hereinafter referred to as “the competition”). This competition is being run by: The South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA). Please contact Lauren Anceriz on email@example.com or 072 756 8463 (weekdays office hours) if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about these rules or the mechanics of the competition.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
WHAT IS THE ADD AN AVO (OR TWO) TO A R200 MEAL FOR TWO, CULINARY SCHOOL STUDENT COMPETITION?
The lockdown situation has forced South Africans to cook at home and for many, stick to a tight budget, while trying to maintain healthy and nutritious meals which are still tasty. Thankfully local avocados are in season, which means they are readily available.
Nutritious and delicious, avos can be included as part of a healthy eating plan as they contain potassium, and their high monounsaturated fat content may help to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
We are inviting you, as up-and-coming young chefs, to create one main meal for two which does not cost more than R200. The avocado must be the hero of the meal but you may use any other complementary ingredients which will result in a hearty, nutritious and tasty main meal for two.
Send us one photo of your meal with an appetising short description, a recipe which includes a cost for each ingredient and the total cost for the full meal for two. Only one entry per student. Remember that a big part of judging will be based on visual appeal so make sure your meal looks and sounds mouth-watering! Just by doing that you might be the winner of one of three cash prizes of between R3 500 to R7 500!
Your pics will be posted on the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page in an album specially created for your school. We will (and you can too) invite fans to Like their favourite meal and one of those people who vote, will be randomly chosen to win R2 500! However the number of Likes, an entry receives on Facebook, will not influence this year’s judging process.
The meals submitted will be judged by six SAAGA local market development committee (LMDC) members as well as one of our 2019 Avo Ambassadors, Karen Hart, food editor of Kuier and LitNet, according to the criteria listed below.
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
- The winning school – R10 000 – (LMDC judges’ Decision – determined by the number & quality of entries received from the school)
- Student first prize– R7 500
- Student second prize– R4 500
- Student third prize- R 3 500
- Facebook voter’s prize – R2 500 (random selection)
- The competition runs from 8 June 2020 until 16h00 on 28 August 2020.
- This is the competition period.
- SAAGA reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition, subject to these terms and conditions.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION?
- All culinary students and their respective culinary schools, including South African citizens and Foreign Nationals over the age of 16 years, who attend a South African culinary school may enter the competition.
- To qualify to receive the prize you (or your parents/guardians) must have a valid and operational South African bank account.
- You must also have complied with all competition criteria and mechanics which are explained below.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- SUBTROP or SAAGA employees i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), and their respective promotional or advertising agency(s), or consultant(s) involved with this competition.
- Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
- Legal Entities
HOW DO YOU ENTER?
- Create one recipe, making sure the avocado is the hero and all other ingredients are complementary, nutritious and fit within the R200 budget
- Purchase your ingredients – you will be reimbursed R200 on receipt of your entry.
- Make the meal and take a photo – bearing in mind that visual appetite appeal is also very important for the judging process
- Fill in the entry form (below) and submit along with one photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org (no bigger than 1MB per photo)
- Once we have received your correct entry, you will be reimbursed R200 for ingredients purchased to the bank account as supplied on your entry form (below). Only one entry per student – no more than R200 will be reimbursed to each student.
For inspiration visit www.avocado.co.za – under recipes
- There is no entry fee.
- You are required to initially carry the cost of the ingredients, no more than R200, and you will be reimbursed the R200 on receipt of your entry. Only one entry per student – no more than R200 will be reimbursed to each student.
Entries will be judged according to set criteria out of a total mark allocation of 25 on:
- Is the avocado the hero of the meal, is the avocado visually appealing and has it been cut neatly – lack of bruising, dents, marks etc. (5)
- Originality of the R200 meal for two and is it wholesome and nutritious (5)
- Does the meal for two come in at R200 or less (prices will be verified) (5)
- Overall visual appeal (5)
- Overall appetite appeal (5)
- Closing date for entries is 28th August 2020 at 16h00
- All R200 for two avo meal photos with descriptions, recipes and costings will be submitted to six SAAGA local marketing development committee members as well as our 2019 Avo Ambassador Karen Hart, food editor of Kuier and LitNet. The top three winners will be based on which R200 for two avo meal entries receive the highest scores from the seven judges for their entry and the final results will be tallied by the promoters and an auditor.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
- Winners will be notified via email or telephone on 11th September 2020
- Winners will be announced on iloveavocadoSA on 11th September 2020
FACEBOOK FAN VOTER COMPETITION
- All entrants’ photographs will be posted in their relevant school’s specially created album on iloveavocadoSA Facebook page on 1st of September 2020
- Fans of the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page will be invited to comment on their favourite R200 for two avo meal – one Fan will randomly be selected to win R2 500 (the number of Likes/Comments an entry receives on Facebook will not influence this year’s judging process)
- Closing date for Facebook voting is 8 September 2020 at 16h00
- The Facebook Voter’s winner will be announced on 10 September 2020
HOW WILL WE DELIVER YOUR PRIZE?
- The cash prizes will be paid into student’s personal South African bank accounts via EFT
- The cash prize will be paid into the winning school’s South African bank account via EFT
- The organisers will contact the winners via telephone or email
- The randomly chosen Facebook fan voter will be contacted via private inbox message on Facebook to notify and obtain banking details. His/her prize will be paid into their South African bank account via EFT
- Delivery of prizes will be made within seven working days of the announcement on the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please ensure that you read the terms and conditions:
- Students/schools to submit their R200 for two avo meal description, recipe, costs and jpeg photograph to email@example.com (not more than 1 MB)
- E-mail will be the only acceptable entry mechanism.
- A student may submit one R200 for two avo meal entry – students will only be refunded R200 for one entry.
- The promoter will then upload the photos to the school’s specially created album on the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page.
- Entrants who send photographs hereby agree to the posting thereof on Facebook.
- Judging will be conducted by six SAAGA local marketing development committee members as well as our 2019 Avo Ambassador.
- The student whose creation achieves the highest overall score out of 25 will win the 1st prize (R7 500). The student whose creation achieves the second highest overall score will win the 2nd prize (R4 500) and the student whose creation achieves the third highest overall score will win the 3rd prize (R3 500). The winning school will be determined by the number of entries from that school as well as the quality of entries – judges to choose (R10 000).
- By entering this competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions copies of these terms and conditions will be made available to participants via email, on request.
- This competition is open to any student chef and culinary school in the Republic of South Africa, with the exception of any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of the promoter, any consultant to the promoter, as well as any family members of the promoter’s employees, and any other person who is controlled by the promoter.
- The promoter and third party suppliers reserve the right to change, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which is deemed necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, entrants agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against the Promoter, their affiliates and third party suppliers.
- The Promoter and their affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by the students participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by the student, or the students partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by the Promoter or any of their affiliates in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the selection of winners, is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The participant will not hold the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) liable for any technical errors originating from the South African Avocado Growers’ Association hosting website, (Facebook), network suppliers and other service providers.
- Participants are responsible for data, cell-phone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain necessary network or internet access to be able to access Facebook to enter the competition.
- South African law shall govern these competition rules and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Should the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) alter or updated these rules they will be available on www.avocado.co.za
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason, including technical and IT reasons. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) and not to Facebook.
- Where the participant indicates that they would like the promoter to contact them in the future, they agree that their relevant personal details will be held the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) and may be used by the same to send them information about the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) products and/or services.
- If in the future, participants do not wish to receive further communications from the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) and would prefer their details to be removed from its database, or if they simply wish to make corrections to their details or to how they receive communications from the promoter, they can inform the promoter in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the responsibility of the entrant and not of the South African Avocado Growers’ Association to ensure that the correct contact information is given, if the wrong contact information is given and the entrant cannot be contacted, the South African Avocado Growers’ Association will not be held responsible.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and SAAGA reserves the right to use the names of the winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them and their schools in any publicity.
Contact Lauren Anceriz on 072 756 8463 or email email@example.com if you have any queries or require any additional information.
SOUTH AFRICAN AVOCADO GROWERS’ ASSOCIATION ADD AN AVO (OR TWO) TO A R200 MEAL FOR TWO CULINARY SCHOOL, STUDENT COMPETITION
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of School:
Name of lecturer, contact number & email:
Name of student:
Student’s email address:
Student’s mobile number:
INGREDIENTS COSTS (itemised & final total of recipe):
BANK ACCOUNT FOR R200 INGREDIENT REIMBURSEMENT
Name of bank account:
Type of account: