These rules apply to the Add an Avo Type of Fruit competition (hereinafter referred to as “the competition”). This competition is being run by: The South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA). Please contact us on email@example.com or 011 882 9282 (weekdays during office hours 08h30 – 16h15) if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about these rules or the mechanics of the competition.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
- WHEN DOES THE COMPETITION START AND END?
The competition starts at 09h00 Monday 29 July 2019 and will continue until 16h00 Wednesday 31 July 2019. This is the competition period. SAAGA reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition, subject to these terms and conditions.
- WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION? (WHO QUALIFIES FOR ENTRY INTO THE RANDOM DRAW?)
All persons, including South African Citizens and Foreign Nationals over the age of 18 years may enter the competition. To qualify to receive the prize you must have a valid and an operational South African bank account. You must also have complied with all competition mechanics which are elaborated on in the “How to enter” section (point 4).
- WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- SUBTROP or SAAGA employees i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), and their respective promotional or advertising agency(s), or consultant(s) involved with this competition.
- Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
- Legal Entities
- HOW TO ENTER?
Post the correct answer on the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page: A, B or C with the hashtag #addanavo
Two entrants with the correct answer, randomly selected (by SAAGA), will stand a chance to win R800 cash each.
- HOW WE WILL DELIVER YOUR PRIZE TO YOU
The R800 cash prize will be paid into the winner’s personal account via EFT. The organisers will contact the winners via private message on Facebook to obtain banking details. Prizes will be deposited into the winner’s accounts within 7 working days of receiving banking details.
- HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED?
The winners will be announced via the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page and via an inbox message on Thursday 1 August 2019.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF SAAGA CANNOT CONTACT THE WINNER OR IF THE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE?
If SAAGA is unable to get hold of either of the prize winners within 7 (seven) days after the prize announcement date, SAAGA will select another winner and the prize will be awarded to the lucky entrant who has met all the conditions of the competition rules.
- SAAGA has the right to end this competition at any time. If this happens, SAAGA will publish a notice on Facebook and you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this competition and acknowledge that you will have no rights against SAAGA.
- SAAGA reserves the right to change the rules of the competition. SAAGA will publish changes on SAAGA’s website: https://www.avocado.co.za/ and SAAGA’s Facebook page: iloveavocadoSA
- For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended is shown above. It is your responsibility to check the websites for amendments to these rules.
- The participant agrees not to hold SAAGA legally responsible for any discrepancies or errors caused due to the software and/or handset a participant used.
- The participant will not hold SAAGA liable for any technical errors originating from the SAAGA hosting website, (Facebook), network suppliers and other service providers.
- Participants are responsible for any data, cell-phone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain the necessary network or internet access to be able to access Facebook to enter the competition.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter this competition and making a purchase does not increase chances of winning.
- Any Facebook promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are disclosing your information to SAAGA and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to the promotion.
- The prizes are not exchangeable/transferable for any other prize.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason, including technical and IT reasons. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as SAAGA may require. The selection of winner’s will remain final. Any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.