WHAT IS THE AVOCADO AMBASSADOR?
The South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) will be recognising two South African journalists who shine above the rest as Avocado Ambassadors. These journalists must be true advocates of the locally grown avocado and its merits. The nominated Avocado Ambassadors will be chosen according to their quality of content about avocados, visual appeal and the overall promotion of avocados.
Two Avocado Ambassadors will be awarded R30 000 cash each.
The entry period for the Avocado Ambassador 2019 is now open.
Any avocado features/snippets/recipes (in fact any publicity which promotes the avocado) published/broadcast during the time period March 2019 – November 2019 may be submitted.
All entries must be received by 16h00 Thursday 27th February 2020
Late or incomplete entries cannot be considered.
All entries will be acknowledged by e-mail.
The 2019 Avocado Ambassador is open to all food, health and beauty writers of South African newspapers, magazines, online and electronic media.
Submitting your work:
- Print media: scan each page you wish to enter and save as a PDF.
- Save each page into folders titled according to publication name and date.
- Save all sub-folders into one main folder with your full name.
- For online articles/video/sound bytes: include a Word document in date order with a publication heading and link to the article.
- Save the Word document with your full name.
- Complete and sign the entry form, scan and save as a PDF. This document to be included with submission.
- Submit your entry via a WeTransfer or Drop Box link to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is one category only – Avocado Ambassador.
Two journalists will be selected by a judging panel comprising five members from SAAGA’s local market development committee.
No runner up prizes will be awarded.
The Avocado Ambassador is awarded to the media person that uses the most avos, uses avos in the most creative way and uses the most visually appealing avo-related visuals.
The Avocado Ambassador will need to inform consumers in an inspiring and innovative manner about avos such as: health benefits/beauty/taste/versatility/convenience/history/interesting facts etc.
Submissions may include avo features/snippets/recipes.
Submissions may not include sponsored features or advertorials.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION?
All South African and Foreign National food/health journalists.
Food/health/beauty journalists of print publications/broadcast/online/blogs.
Bloggers must substantiate their following via a screen shot of blog insights.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- SUBTROP or SAAGA employees/members i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), and their respective promotional or advertising agency(s), or consultant(s) involved with this competition.
- Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
- Legal Entities
There is no entry fee.
Entrants will be judged on the above set criteria and by a panel of judges made up of members of SAAGA’s local market development committee.
- The competition is organised by the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA)
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of SAAGA and the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. SAAGA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- There is no limit on number of features/snippets/recipes submitted per entrant.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the notes to entrants. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. (Please take note of “Submitting your work” section.)
- Name and contact details are to be supplied with entries.
- All entries will be checked against final print copies and online/electronic platforms to verify authenticity. If there are inconsistencies between the emailed entry and the print copy or online/electronic version, the entry will be disqualified.
- Winners will be announced at the start of the 2020 avo season at the 2020 media event (date to be confirmed early 2020).
- To qualify to receive the prize you must have a valid and an operational South African bank account.
- Prizes are awarded at SAAGA’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, SAAGA and/or the competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the competition if entries are not of the requisite standard.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and SAAGA reserves the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.