5 SEPTEMBER 2019
These rules apply to the Add an Avo to an on-trend meal Culinary School, Facebook Voters Competition (hereinafter referred to as “the competition”). This competition is being run by: The South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA). Please contact Lauren Anceriz on email@example.com or 072 756 8463 (weekdays office hours) if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about these rules or the mechanics of the competition.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
WHAT IS THE ADD AN AVO TO AN ON-TREND MEAL CULINARY SCHOOL FACEBOOK VOTERS COMPETITION?
The South African Avocado Growers’ Association has invited student chefs from South African culinary schools to create a vegetarian or vegan avo meal – something delicious and easy. Photos of their entries can be viewed in their respective culinary school’s specially created albums on the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page.
HOW TO ENTER
We invite you to Like and comment with the hashtag #addanavochefs on one of the student’s on-trend avo meal photos that most appeals to you and SAAGA will randomly choose one person to win R2 500!.
Please note that the number of Likes, an entry receives on Facebook, will not influence this year’s judging process. The on-trend avo meals submitted will be judged by five SAAGA local marketing development committee members as well as our 2019 Avo Ambassadors, Herman Lensing, editor of SarieKOS and food editor of Sarie and Margie Els-Burger, food editor of Your Family.
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
One randomly selected person who Likes/comments with the hashtag #addanavochefs, on an on-trend avo meals student chef’s photo, will win R2 500.
- The competition runs from 5th September (all albums will be posted by 15h00) 2019 until 15h00 12th September 2019. This is the competition period.
- The Facebook Voters winner will be announced on 16th September 2019 by 15h00.
- SAAGA reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition, subject to these terms and conditions.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION? (WHO QUALIFIES FOR ENTRY INTO THE RANDOM DRAW?)
All persons, including South African Citizens and Foreign Nationals over the age of 18 years may enter the competition. To qualify to receive the prize you must have a valid and an operational South African bank account. You must also have complied with all competition mechanics which are elaborated on in the “How to enter” section above.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- SUBTROP or SAAGA employees i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), and their respective promotional or advertising agency(s), or consultant(s) involved with this competition.
- Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
- Legal Entities
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED?
The winner via an inbox message and on the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page on the 16th September at 15h00.
HOW WILL WE DELIVER YOUR PRIZE?
- The randomly chosen Facebook fan voter will be contacted via private inbox message on Facebook to notify and obtain banking details. His/her prize will be paid into their South African bank account via EFT
- Delivery of prizes will be made within seven working days of the announcement on the iloveavocadoSA Facebook page
- SAAGA has the right to end this competition at any time. If this happens, SAAGA will publish a notice on Facebook and you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this competition and acknowledge that you will have no rights against SAAGA.
- SAAGA reserves the right to change the rules of the competition. SAAGA will publish changes on SAAGA’s website: https://www.avocado.co.za/ and SAAGA’s Facebook page: iloveavocadoSA
- For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended is shown above. It is your responsibility to check the websites for amendments to these rules.
- The participant agrees not to hold SAAGA legally responsible for any discrepancies or errors caused due to the software and/or handset a participant used.
- The participant will not hold SAAGA liable for any technical errors originating from the SAAGA hosting website, (Facebook), network suppliers and other service providers.
- Participants are responsible for any data, cell-phone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain the necessary network or internet access to be able to access Facebook to enter the competition.
- Any Facebook promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are disclosing your information to SAAGA and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to the promotion.
- The prizes are not exchangeable/transferable for any other prize.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason, including technical and IT reasons. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as SAAGA may require. The selection of winner’s will remain final. Any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.